Why would you ever want to stream your lesson online? If you don’t have an answer to this question, read this article to the end. Besides, explore what else you can do in a better and new way starting from this week.
- become an online teacher on Tutor Virtual Classroom
- understand students’ performance through analytics
- certify students with your own school’s certifications
- send and receive documents
- manage finances in a better way
Broadcast your lesson online
In my previous article, I was telling you about advantages you can gain by online teaching. In short, you just must have an online presence to some extent. Why? Because
- you can reach out more students from abroad
- you can earn more by charging at international rates
- you can work flexibly from where and when you want
Taking this into consideration, we’ve enabled online teaching on Tutor LMS. Since recently, we integrated Liveboard, a collaborative whiteboard app, to Tutor LMS. This means, you, as a teacher, can broadcast lessons for your groups.
Here is what you can do in the virtual classroom:
- on an interactive whiteboard you can write and explain the lesson
- draw some picturesque instructions
- upload images and flash cards
- chat with your students
- answer their questions at real time
Analytics helps you understand
Last week, we finalised learning analytics. What does this mean for you? You as a teacher can see your groups’ progress based on different criteria. For example, you can find out
- how your students perform both within a group and in all your groups overall
- what the average grades are both within a group and in all your groups overall
- how well students attend your classes both within a group and in all your groups overall
Again, you can ask what all these data can give you. Well, knowing that, for ex., your Intensive English class is not that well attended you will start asking yourself some questions.
Why do my classes have low attendance?
- Maybe its content is not relevant to that particular group?
- Maybe some students have difficulties understanding grammar topics I discuss at class?
- Maybe I am missing some interactive activities to keep my students attention?
- Maybe they want some socialising and strengthening their communication skills whereas I go too deep into grammar?
With all this information in your hand, you can target above mentioned questions and address them correspondingly. Remember, analytic data are not a solution for you, but a key to go the solution.
Be your own boss
Here at Tutor, we work hard to make your teaching life easier. We all are for your convenience and adopt fair competition policy. What this means for you is the fact that we provide you with all necessary tools to run your learning business independently. This include
- document management
- finance management
For this reason, we’ve created a certification system. Here you can create, design and print certificates for all of your courses. After having a ready-to-go sample, just click on “Send” button, and all your students will receive their fresh-baked fancy certificates from your school. You already guess that the fact of providing certificates will grand your school with trust and special status.
Another important process which will let you work independently and avoid extra costs and services is the financial management in Tutor LMS. This week, we’ve added a payment method in request forms. Besides, we’ve reworked Transaction page for Student Fees.
You as a teacher will be relieved from another time-consuming task starting from this week: namely, sending and receiving documents to/from your students. Here’s how this works:
- Go to Learning
- Select a Group
- Find Documents in the menu tabs
- Click on Create
And here you go. All your students from that group will receive the document. Similarly, they can send a document to their group-mates.
This was all we’ve got for you this week. Join our Teacher Club to stay up-to-date and connect with other teachers.
Little improvements we’ve done here and there.
- We’ve improved how the Timetable looks like
- We’ve create notification icon in LMS to show you latest blog articles and news
- We’ve add Position field in Requests/Request form/Contacts